Sunday, November 17, 2019

Admissions Essay - What personal characteristics do you posess that

Admissions - What personal characteristics do you posess that may help you reach your goal of becoming a registered nurse - Essay Example Therefore, I went to college where I majored in communications and minored in psychology. After my 2001 graduation from Campbell University, I moved to dazzling lights of Connecticut to work in the big city as a big shot public relations executive. But even so I was restless and knew that the time had come for me to move on to more greener and exciting pastures. So I treated myself to the option of entering the field of Education and enlisted into the National Service as an Americorps Volunteer, while all the time searching for contentment or as they call it ‘job satisfaction.’ Though there is no getting away from the fact that to a certain degree I did enjoyed all the company of children and their families over the past few years, yet the niggling at the back of my mind did not disappear because I felt that this was not what I wanted to spend the rest of my life on. After a lot of soul searching over the years, I began to clearly see the light at the end of the tunnel that flashed these words – â€Å"Home is where the heart is.†! It was then that I was hit like a bolt from the blue, that all that I had achieved so far was not my calling. Though it was a rather rude awakening call, I surrendered to it realizing that it was time to come home to my roots and surrender into the noble calling of the nursing profession. The beautiful quote of Gail Devers sums up the characteristics that I have imbibed through my professional journey: â€Å"Keep your dreams alive. Understand, to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. â€Å" Yes, I do believe that all the experiences of my past have guided and prepared me professionally for the challenges of Nursing School and the Nursing Profession. I love to end this with some of the sweetest lines by Lewis carol from her classic story of â€Å"Alice in

No comments:

Post a Comment