Sunday, September 15, 2019

Lyle Alzado View of Steroid Use

Also I was undersized compared to the other players. After graduation no colleges gave me scholarships for playing football. Being undersized and playing averagely I wasn't the best athlete. I tried out for the Kilgore Junior College's football team in nineteen sixty four, but they told me that I wasn't good enough to play for them. I was finally accepted to Yankton College in South Dakota; I started taking steroids to play football better after being accepted, in order to play better and to insure my place on their football team.In nineteen seventy one I was the Denver Broncos fourth draft pick. I was a defensive lineman the same as in high school. I became a formidable player by the end of my rookie year. I outran, outwit, authenticated everybody. All along I was taking steroids and I saw that they made me play better and better. In nineteen seventy seven, I was named the Oaf's defensive player of the year and the defensive lineman of the year. I went from being and average player in high school, to being a feared professional football player in Just a few years.I was so wild about winning, it's all I cared about, I never talked about anything else, and steroids helped me keep on winning. In nineteen eighty four, I retired from football due to an injury to my Achilles tendon, which I believe was cause by my steroid use. I tried to make a comeback in nineteen ninety with the Raiders but I immediately had a knee injury that prevented me from playing. By the end of my football career I was name all-pro twice and had a total of ninety seven sacks In one hundred ninety six games. I had done well for someone who had no hope In high school of playing professional oddball.All during my college and professional football career I was taking steroids. I spent around thirty thousand dollars a year on steroids. All the time on the field I was fierce, mean, and determined to win, but off the field I had a hard time turning these emotions off. One of my teammates described me as have a split personality, â€Å"on the field he projected a tough image,† He said. But off the field I was like a gentle giant. When the game was over, I would be plagued with mood swings from the steroids; I could keep a good relationship with people.I was married four times over the course of my football career. Once a man sideswiped my car in Denver and I followed him home and beat him up In his front yard. I couldn't control my anger. I abused my second wife so much that she called the police five times on me during the course of our marriage. In March of nineteen ninety one, during my wedding to my fourth wife Kathy, I had a hard time keeping my balance while walking. A month later I was diagnosed with a chemotherapy treatment, in an attempt to cure the brain tumor.I died over a year after being diagnosed in my home in Portland, Oregon. I told Sports Illustrated before my death that I had started taking steroids in nineteen sixty nine and never stooped. I wanted to tell others to stop taking steroids. It wasn't worth it to me, steroids caused me to become detached from my friends and family, I couldn't keep a good relationship due to the mood swings caused by my steroid use. Ultimately my death was caused by steroids, they had made my appear strong on the outside while they wrecked my mind and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment